Are you all ready to be blown out of your mind? There are some things you should need to know and this is the right time. Check this out!
1. The galaxy of which we are a part, The Milky Way, is actually whirling rapidly, spinning our sun and all its other stars at around 100 million km per hour.
2. One problem with working out the age of the Universe
is that there are stars in our galaxy which are thought to be 14 to 18 billion years old – older than the estimated age of the Universe. So, either the stars must be younger, or the Universe older.
3. If you fell into a black hole, you would stretch like spaghetti.
4. A day in Mercury lasts approximately as long as 59 days on earth.
5. Though it is impossible to smell space directly or through a spacesuit, astronauts report that upon returning from a spacewalk, their gear smells distinctively like seared steak, hot metal, and arc welding fumes. The source of this odor could be byproduct from dying stars, the traces of which can be found throughout the universe.
6. Astronomers have estimated that 275 million stars are born and die throughout the observable universe each day.